Monday, October 19, 2009

I know Why The Caged Bird Sings


you say you want me to be as tall as the cedars of Lebanon
yet you cut me down and burn me in the fire
you say you want to clothe me with the finest of silks
yet you give me blankets with holes infested with moths
you say you want me to be as strong as Samson
yet it is you who shaves my head
you say you want me to drink fine wine, laugh and be merry
yet you destroy my vines with pestilence
you say you want me to be well fed
yet you sow tares in my fields
you say you want me to run marathons but it is you that breaks my legs
you say you want me to build a house
yet it is you that destroys the foundation
you say you want the heart
yet you destroy the the glass box that holds it safe
I know why the caged bird sings
I know why the caged bird sings

No comments:

Post a Comment